Did you know…
Site managers for ‘authentication required’ websites can now individually customize the messages displayed when users have not yet logged in, and have logged in but have been denied access to the site.
Who’s new to the WCMS…
15 more sites have launched in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) since our last update.
- Agricultural Water Futures
- Bionics Lab Members
- Centre for Intelligent Antenna and Radio Systems
- Chem13 News Magazine (Publication)
- CPA Ontario Centre for Performance Management Research and Education
- Engineering Automotive Research
- Environmental Change & Governance Group (ECGG)
- Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion (Single page site)
- Mass Spectrometry Facility Training
- Math Faculty Computing Facility Internal
- Microsoft Office 365 (Single page site)
- Student IT Services (Single page site)
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) Canada
- Waterloo Forming and Crash Lab
- WatSolve Consulting Group
WCMS training and support this summer …
Due to construction on the second floor of MC this summer, all WCMS courses in June will be held in MC 1078. Registrants will receive further communication regarding this change.
WCMS Drop-in lab hours and location will also be changing for the summer:
- June - available every Tuesday in MC 1078
- July - available only Tuesday, July 10 and Tuesday, July 24 in MC 1078
- August – available by appointment
Any website maintainers who are in need of one-on-one training and support outside of these hours are asked to contact email@example.com to make alternative arrangements.
The WCMS for Content Maintainers (SEW099) course is now available on LEARN!
We are now offering site maintainers the option of completing the SEW099 course at a time and location that fits their schedule! Users will self-register on LEARN and our team will provide the information and resources needed to complete the course online. LEARN self-registration how-to information.
Storify announces end-of-life (action required)
Storify shut down on May 16, 2018. Storify compiles feeds from a variety of social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. If you have embedded a Storify widget on your WCMS site you should remove it.
New on Web Resources
From the blog: