Did you know…
… Waterloo Photos is a browser-based Digital Asset Management (DAM) system developed to support the needs of the University of Waterloo with respect to storing, sorting and sharing digital assets, specifically image files.
Who’s new to the WCMS…
12 more sites have launched in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) since our last update.
- Beyond Good Ideas International (Single page site)
- Centre for Information Integrity and Information Systems Assurance Biennial Symposium (Conference)
- Corporate Research Partnerships
- Environment Students' Society
- Indigenization Strategy
- Information Systems & Technology Newsletter (Publication)
- Legal and Immigration Services
- Renison Residence
- Smart Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Systems Lab
- Water Institute Research (Publication)
- Waterloo Health Information Systems and Technology Lab (WHISTL)
WCMS training for co-op students
Winter term co-op training will be taking place on January 3 and 4, from 9 am - 12 pm, in MC 1078. Register your co-op student for training.
Cancellation - 72 hours cancellation with no penalty - contact Sarah White.
Drop-in lab closed December 5 & 18-22
The Drop-in lab will be closed on December 5 and December 18-22. WCMS Drop-in lab regularly scheduled hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm in MC 2060. If you require special arrangements outside of the regular drop-in hours please contact Andrea, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the ‘Campus Web’ channel on Mattermost
There is now a place for Campus web-related discussions on Mattermost (this replaced the previous Slack group). Submit a request to rt-ist-WIKIJIRA@rt.uwaterloo.ca<mailto:rt-ist-WIKIJIRA@rt.uwaterloo.ca> to request access to the Campus IT team. From there, click the "More..." link under Public Channels and select the Campus Web channel.
- Mattermost User’s Guide – Messaging Basics
- Access Mattermost using your web browser
- Download the mobile or desktop app
In partnership with the Ontario government’s Accessibility Centre of Excellence (ACOE), the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario is pleased to offer the following courses at no cost to help you to understand how to make your website and content accessible.
- Creating Accessible PDFs with Adobe Acrobat
Dec. 6th, 2017 9:15 am – Noon
- WCAG 2.0 Primer
Dec. 13th, 2017 9:15 am – Noon
January 17th, 2018 9:15 am – Noon
New on Web Resources
- 2.6.0 release (coming soon!)