We started with Drupal-related notes:
- Drupal 7.98 released
- Drupal 7 end of life date extended
- end of life announcement and changes to Drupal 7 support
- CKEditor 5 resize unit changing from % to px
- new clean_unique_id Twig filter
- Twig variables can be deprecated
- rebuilding permissions will require the "administer nodes" permission
- adding an alter hook to EntityQuery
- Drupal Association hires Alex Moreno
- Lauri to become a Drupal Core product manager
- introducing the updated Drupal Community Code of Conduct
- an interview with Dries Buytaert
- WordPress and Drupal co-founders discuss open source, AI, and the future of the web
- state of Drupal (June 2023)
- introducing Retrofit: a game-changing solution for Drupal 7 to Drupal 10 migration
- Retrofit: running legacy Drupal 7 code on your Drupal 10 site
- overriding/extending configuration schema in Drupal
- a major step forward for Smart Date
- new Drupal learning community
- Lullabot's road to becoming 100% employee-owned
- Herchel.com's DrupalCon Pittsburgh recap
- DrupalEasy's DrupalCon Pittsburgh superlatives
- DrupalCon Pittsburgh recap: 3 content governance models.
There were no general web notes this session.
At the end of the meeting, we recommended people watch "A Drupal core maintainer shares peer code review best practices" from DrupalCon Pittsburgh 2023.
These "regular" Web Dev Rev meetings generally happen once every 3 weeks. The next session is scheduled for July 7, 2023.