Your website is a powerful tool to reach many people here on campus and around the world.
Web maintenance web tasks require the ability to move effectively between a technical and web communication role.
- Creating and maintaining web pages
- Checking web page quality, accessibility and usability
- Proof-reading of text
- Checking for broken links
- Checking that copyright clearances and other legal requirements are satisfied
- Maintaining site/content inventory
- Ensuring published content is current
- Periodically auditing and mapping site content
- Coordinating content review process
- Coordinating creation and supply of fresh content
- Acting as the first point of contact for content changes and feedback from web users
Typical skills required:
The following skills would be beneficial to a staff member performing Web maintenance tasks:
- Writing for the Web
- Excellent client consultation skills
- Content evaluation, review, forecasting and management
- Basic image editing
- Page layout skills
- For the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) Content Maintainers must complete SEW 099.