WCMS Publications is a mobile-friendly, responsive template specifically designed for digital versions of University of Waterloo publications including newsletters, reports and magazines.
Publication websites are built using Drupal (WCMS), and while they look quite different, the content maintainer interface is similar to regular WCMS websites. Visit the Report on Giving website to see a live example.
Guidelines for use can be reviewed at, https://uwaterloo.ca/web-resources/wcms-users/guidelines-use-wcms.
This is a BETA release; there are known issues stated below and outstanding features to be developed.
To request a site, please submit a request using the Request Tracker (RT) system, https://uwaterloo.ca/web-resources/wcms-users/request-site.
Features & Functionality
- Publish digital versions of articles
- Manage issues and volumes of a digital publication
- Archive older issues
- Publication Sections/Categories
- Basic pages (editorial, about, etc.)
- Featured content
- Promotional content
- Social media integration
- University of Waterloo branding and design
- On the Create/Manage Content admin menu, additional content types are displayed which redirect to only those for WCMS Publications, which are Nested Publication Articles, Publication Article, and Web Page.
- Articles must be published in order to be viewable, drafts return a blank page.
- If you hit the back button from this blank page, you are taken back to the content creation page pre-populated with the draft, DO NOT save, because this is actually the content creation page and not the content editing page.
- Access and edit drafts from Workbench to publish them.
- If you create a draft WITH a published version, you see the published version; the only way to see the draft is to edit it from Workbench.
- Promo items cannot be made sticky.