These links will help you to familiarize yourself with the campus-wide standards, procedures and guidelines that pertain to your site.
Key points to remember:
Respect the privacy of personal data.
Respect all pertinent licences, copyrights and contracts.
Respect any relevant law governing the use of information technology.
University policies, procedures and guidelines are reviewed and modified on an ongoing basis. In the event of a discrepancy between the most recently approved version of a document and the version posted on a web site, the former shall be the governing document.
Guidelines and policies
- Waterloo Brand Guidelines
- Best Practices Guides: information architecture, site navigation and content
- Waterloo logos
- Social media
- Web Development Core Service Level Expectations
- Management of campus domain names
- Guidelines for use of the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS)
- Guideline for use of short-form URLs and generic aliases for WCMS websites
- Statement on the Use of Computing and Network Resources
- Statement on Security of Waterloo Computing and Network Resources
- Web Application Development
- Web servers
- Information & Privacy
- Information Management (Policy 46)
- Research centres and institutes