You can use the Blog content type to create blog posts on your UWaterloo Scholar site. Blog posts should be short, informal, and conversational.
Note: Blog commenting is not supported on UWaterloo Scholar sites.
- Hover (don't click) your mouse above the Content menu toolbar.
- Under Add, click Blog entry. If you are missing the Blog entry app, your site owner will need to add this app to your site.
- Add a Title (required).
- Add Body text. If you have created content using the WYSIWYG editor on a WCMS site, note that this is a different toolbar with slightly different capabilities.
- To attach files, click Upload or drag and drop files into the shaded box. Hover your mouse above the question mark to see the allowed file extensions, as well as the maximum allowed file size.
- Under Publishing options, ensure Published to this site is checked if you are ready to publish, or unchecked if you want it to remain as a draft. Select Sticky at top of lists if you want this blog post to stay at the top of the blog listing page on your site (otherwise it will display in reverse chronological order).
- Under URL path settings leave Generate automatic URL alias checked if you want the system to automatically create a URL for this blog post. Uncheck the box if you wish to enter a custom alias.
- Under Menu settings you have the option of adding this page to the main menu.
- Under Post Created/Edited By you can change who posted the blog by editing the name in the box under Posted by. You can also edit the date the blog was posted on in the Posted on box. By default the current date and time is used.
- Click Save.