Home page banners can be created with optional caption and link. There can be a single static banner, or multiple banners that can be displayed as a slideshow. Note: having more than eight home page banner images is not recommended.
Banners should be optimized before uploading and sized to 1600 pixels wide. Note: Banners should all be of equal height. Avoid images containing text on banners; if absolutely necessary, centre the text and use a colour contrast checker to ensure it meets accessibility requirements.
Creating a home page banner
- From the Administration bar, select Homepage settings.
- Upload a Banner image.
- Add Alternative text (required) to the banner image, as well as a Title (optional).
- Add Caption text to the banner image (optional). Keep captions as short as possible – they wrap to multiple lines on mobile.
- If you would like your user to be able to click on the homepage banner and be taken to another page, enter a Link Title and URL.
- Click Add another item to add additional banner images.