When importing from Google Scholar, a list of publications must be available. For this how-to document, a search of University of Waterloo was used.
Importing from Google Scholar without a Google Scholar account
- Create a list of publications on Google Scholar.
- Click on Import into BibTex.
- A page will open with the bibtext data. "Copy" this data, either Ctrl-C (Windows), Cmd-C (Mac) or click on Edit->Select All, then Edit->Copy menu in your browser.
- Open a text editor (such as notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac)). Then "Paste" in the copied data, Ctrl-C (Windows), Cmd-C (Mac) or
Edit->Paste from text editor menu.
- Continue to copy and paste all publications into the text editor.
- Save the file as <filename>.bib.
- Hover (don't click) your mouse above the Content menu toolbar.
- Click Publications from the Import menu.
- Click Browse and navigate to where you stored the file from Step #6. Click Open.
- Select the File Type to be BibTex (or other desired file type).
- Click Import.
- Import will start.
- Once import has finished, report is displayed with the number of imports completed. Newly import publications can now be viewed from Publications menu on homepage.
Importing from Google Scholar with a Google Scholar account
- Log in to Google Scholar.
- Select My Citations.
- Select the leftmost checkbox on the bar at the top of the list of citations.
- Select Export > BibTeX and choose Export all my articles.
- Click Export. A browser window should display with the BibTeX file of your citations that you can "Save as..." or copy/paste to a text editor and save.
- Follow steps 7 through 13 as noted above.