Guidelines for use of the WCMS
The WCMS supports websites for use by academic and academic support departments of the University within the following guidelines:
- The website supports the administrative, research, teaching and learning objectives of the University.
- A designated faculty member or regular staff person; (authorized by the department) must be assigned as website lead and site manager.
- Requests for a new website from academic support units must be supported by the unit head.*
- Requests for a new website from academic units must be supported by the Faculty Associate Dean of Computing or equivalent.*
- For security reasons, access to development servers is restricted to WCMS staff. Units on campus can request access to the development server to work on projects that may be integrated into the central build.
* Unit heads/Associate Deans of Computing (or equivalent portfolio) may assign a site owner to approve new websites for a specific area.
Users of the WCMS must:
- Complete the necessary WCMS 3 training.
- Follow published guidelines on Secure E-Commerce.
- Only post web content that complies with web accessibility at the University of Waterloo.
- Ensure copyright and other legal compliance; ensure consistency with University policy and guidelines; best practice.
- Plan and budget for the ongoing maintenance of the website.
- Inform the WCMS team about any changes in site owners.