Create a Bibliography, or citation, that appears on the Publications listing page. There are 36 supported publication types, including: Book, Book Chapter, Conference Paper, Journal Article, Patent, Software, Web Article, and more. Citation styles available are:
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Psychology Association (APA)
- Council of Science Editors (CSE)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
Each Publication Type has a different set of fields that are relevant to the selected type. However, all the Publication Types are quite similar, and this how-to document illustrates the typical steps necessary to create a Bibliography of a journal article.
There are two sets of steps required to use Bibliography content type: enabling Publications menu link title and creating the Bibliography. If Publications menu link is already enabled, then continue to creating content using Bibliography.
- On the Administration bar, click Dashboard.
- Under Site management, select Menus link.
- For Main menu, select list links.
- Check the checkbox beside Publications to enable the menu link.
- Click Save configuration.
- Go to My Workbench.
- Click Create/Manage Content tab.
- Select Bibliography.
- Click Add bibliography.
- Select Journal Article (or other publication type).
- In Title field, enter the title of the journal article.
- In Authors field, enter the author names and set the roles.
- On the left, select Abstract and paste the abstract of the article.
- Select Publication on the left, and complete the Year of Publication along with other relevant fields (e.g., Journal, Volume, Issue, Pagination, and Date Published).
- Select Locators on the left, and enter the URL and digital object identifier (DOI) of the article.
- Select Keywords on the left, and enter the keywords for the article.
- Select Other on the left, and set the Refereed Designation (e.g., Refereed).
- Click Save.
Conference, Publication, and Single page
This content type is not available in other site templates.