Site managers and Content editors can create Conference sessions to provide session information for attendees, including topics, session type, speakers, etc. Conference sessions can be displayed on an agenda listing page, and selected Conference sessions will show on the homepage by choosing the "promoted to front page" option.
Create a Conference session
- From the Administration bar, select My Workbench.
- Select Create/Manage Content.
- Select Conference session.
- Select Add conference sessions.
- Enter the Title of the session.
- Enter the date(s) and time(s) of the session.
- Add the Topic of your session (optional).
- Add the Type of session (optional).
- Add a Summary for your session (this will display on the homepage under the Agenda widget).
- Add the Details for the session (optional). This can include images, and files.
- Select one or more Speakers for the session (optional). Note: Speakers will need to be created before they will be available for selection.
- Select one or more Panelists for the session (optional). Note: Panelists will need to be created in the Speaker content type before they will be available for selection.
- Select a Moderator for the session (optional).
- Save and Publish.
Enable Agenda widget in Homepage settings
The Conference sessions content type uses the Agenda widget to display the various sessions. The Agenda widget needs to be enabled before it will display on the homepage.
- The Site manager can select the Homepage settings in the Administration bar.
- Check the Enable box to enable the Agenda widget.
- Select Layout and Background colour options.
- Select Agenda widget settings link to further configure the widget.
Configure the Agenda listing page
Listing pages are created and published by default on your site, but will need to be configured. In order for the listing page to display properly, it must be placed in the site hierarchy. Listing pages can also be added to the main menu as a menu link.