Site managers and Content editors can create Conference speakers, as a way of displaying a short biography and additional information about your speakers. The speakers can appear on the homepage in a widget, and/or on a listing page.
Create a Conference speaker
- Select My Workbench from the administration bar.
- Select Create/Manage Content menu link.
- Select Conference speaker.
- Select Add conference speaker.
- Enter the Full name of the speaker, which will be referenced when searching for speaker names.
- Enter the First name of the speaker.
- Enter the Last name of the speaker.
- Enter the Title or position of the speaker (optional).
- Enter the speaker's Affiliation (optional).
- Enter a Twitter handle for the speaker (optional).
- Upload a Profile image of the speaker.
- Add a short biography under Bio.
- Assign the speaker to a Speaker group. This will group speakers on the listing page (optional).
- Select the Language of the speaker. The default is English (optional).
- Save and Publish.
- The Site manager can select the Homepage settings in the Administration bar.
- Check Enable box to enable the Speakers widget.
- Select Layout and Background colour options.
- Select Speaker widget settings link to further configure the widget.
Listing pages are created and published by default on your site, but will need to be configured. In order for the listing page to display properly, it must be placed in the site hierarchy.
Note: A menu link must be added for the Speakers listing page in order for the "And more +" button on the homepage, and the Speakers listing page to work properly.