Before creating a Web form, please be sure to check the “Deciding what to collect on a web form" document to ensure privacy and security to gather information from users.
The Web form content type is similar to the web page content type.
- When creating a Web form you will be required to enter a Heading, and have the option of including form help or instructions in the Body or Sidebar Complimentary area.
- You can also upload an image or file into these areas.
- The Audience, Menu, URL and Publishing options are located at the bottom of the page and function in the same manner as Web pages.
- Note: Moderation states include Published and Unpublished.
Creating a draft:
- From the Administration toolbar, select My Workbench.
- Select the Create/Manage Content tab.
- Select the Web Form link.
Click + Add web form.
Add the title of Web form under Heading.
- Enter a WatIAM userid under Contact Person. The contact person has to be the person who is responsible for answering questions about the collection of information on the form.
- Add the form’s introduction, help or instructions in the Body or Sidebar Complimentary Content.
- Place in site hierarchy checkbox must remain checked.
- Determine the parent item under Menu settings.
An example of a Web form draft is shown below:
Note: To create the Web form components, please view the how-to document, How to add form components.