Expandable/collapsable content templates hide content under headings. Users can click on an expandable content heading to view the hidden information below.
Please review Usability concerns with expandable/collapsable content before proceeding.
- On the Administration bar, select My Workbench.
- Select Create/Manage Content and select the content type you wish to add the expandable/collapsable content (like Web Page).
- In the body, click on where you want to insert the expandable/collapsable content.
- Click on Templates button in toolbar.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Expandable/collapsable content.
Note: The warning under "Expandable/collapsable content" relates to the amount and type of content contained in the expandable content box. The expandable/collapsable content format works the best with large amounts of information that can be broken up in an easy way (for example a list of tables for student fees per faculty).
- Replace Expandable title with your title.
- Replace Expandable text with your text.
Note: Inserting Expandable/collapsable content will erase any selected text. To convert existing text to expandable/collapsable content, you can copy and paste the text into the "Expandable text" box.
- Use the down arrow key on keyboard to move out of the expandable/collapsable content template. Using Enter key will add a new line within the Expandable text area.
- Click Save.
Change the moderation state to Published and click Apply.
Having trouble inserting your Expandable/collapsible content template?
Occasionally when you insert an Expandable/collapsible content template, it may appear like the following:
It may be a result of selecting the Insert new paragraph here button that is too close to your content:
To amend this, you can place your cursor further down, and select the Insert new paragraph here button further to the right:
Your Expandable/collapsible content template will now appear correctly within your Body: