Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) now supports Facebook Open Graph meta tags. This allows you to control how your WCMS page is displayed on a Facebook post.
WCMS supports 42 types of meta tags, including activity, university, profile, article, and many more. This how-to document demonstrates how to configure article type for Web Page content type.
- From the Administration bar, click My Workbench.
- Select Create/Manage Content tab.
- Select the content type (e.g., Web Page) you wish to configure the meta tags for Open Graph.
- Add a new page (e.g., Add web page).
- Enter a title and body content.
- In the Listing page image for social media field, upload an image you want to appear in the Facebook post.
- Scroll down and select Meta tags.
- Select Open Graph.
- Set the type to Article.
- On Content description field, add a description that summarizes the content of the page (one to two sentences).
Note: [node:summary] token pulls the text from Summary field. If Summary field is empty, it will pull the text from the body.
- On Image URL field, add the full URL of the image. Note: [node:field_event_image] token pulls the image from Listing page image for social media field.
- Click Save.
- Set moderation state to Published, and click Apply.