Content maintainers and Site managers can create Catalogs that will populate the Catalogs listing page. The Catalogs content type is available by default - you will need to enable it in the main menu to see your Catalogs listing page.
A Catalog must first be created, and then populated with a Catalog item(s).
Create a new Catalog
Menu items are created as soon as the term is saved, but the menu items are disabled until the maintainer manually enables them.
- Create a new, empty Catalog.
- Select Dashboard in the black Administration bar.
- Select the Catalogs from Vocabularies.
- Click Add term.
- Enter the Catalog name.
- Enter a Description of the catalog (optional).
- Select any Tabs to display within the catalog (optional).
- The A-Z tab is intentionally always enabled by default and cannot be disabled.
- The Popular tab is ranked by the popularity field in the Catalog item. It is not automatically updated.
- Node page will show all tabs for the catalog in the sidebar, along with a search for the catalog you are in.
Example of a Catalog listing page:
Create a Catalog item
A Catalog item will populate a Catalog entry. Multiple catalogs are intentionally not allowed to be populated with the same item. An item page will show all tabs for the catalog in the sidebar, along with a search for the catalog you are in.
- Select Create/Manage Content in the My Workbench menu.
- Select Catalog item.
- Click Add catalog item.
- Enter the Catalog item name.
- Select the appropriate Catalog.
- Optionally, upload a Listing page image for social media.
- Optionally, enter an Item summary.
- Enter an Item description.
- Optionally, set the Popularity of the item.
- Optionalty, enter Category tags (consult adding catalog categories to add or remove catalog categories).
- Optionally, Upload an image or file, or insert Sidebar complementary content or Sidebar related links.
- If sidebar items are added in the content type, they sit above the tabs and search.
Example of a Catalog item within a Catalog:
Example of a Catalog item entry: