Content maintainers and Site managers can create Catalogs that will populate the Catalogs listing page. The Catalogs content type is available by default - you will need to enable it in the main menu to see your Catalogs listing page.
Menu items are created as soon as the term is saved, but the menu items are disabled until the maintainer manually enables them.
- Create a new, empty Catalog.
- Select Dashboard in the black Administration bar.
- Select the Catalogs from Vocabularies.
- Click Add term.
- Enter the Catalog name.
- Enter a Description of the catalog (optional).
- Select any Tabs to display within the catalog (optional).
- The A-Z tab is intentionally always enabled by default and cannot be disabled.
- The Popular tab is ranked by the popularity field in the Catalog item. It is not automatically updated.
- Node page will show all tabs for the catalog in the sidebar, along with a search for the catalog you are in.
Example of a Catalog listing page:
A Catalog item will populate a Catalog entry. Multiple catalogs are intentionally not allowed to be populated with the same item. An item page will show all tabs for the catalog in the sidebar, along with a search for the catalog you are in.
- Select Create/Manage Content in the My Workbench menu.
- Select Catalog item.
- Click Add catalog item.
- Enter the Catalog item name.
- Select the appropriate Catalog.
- Optionally, upload a Listing page image for social media.
- Optionally, enter an Item summary.
- Enter an Item description.
- Optionally, set the Popularity of the item.
- Optionalty, enter Category tags (consult adding catalog categories to add or remove catalog categories).
- Optionally, Upload an image or file, or insert Sidebar complementary content or Sidebar related links.
- If sidebar items are added in the content type, they sit above the tabs and search.
Example of a Catalog item within a Catalog:
Example of a Catalog item entry: