The MailChimp widget allows a site visitor to subscribe to a MailChimp mailing list. On MailChimp, you will need to create a list and customize the form before proceeding with the instructions below.
Known issue with MailChimp
MailChimp changed their embed code so that only the “M” is capitalized, and our embedding widget expects the old style where MailChimp is “camel-cased” with a capital M and C. Existing embeds still work, but until our next release (2.7.0) is shipped, if you need to add a new MailChimp form to your site, you will have to manually change the lowercase “c” in “Mailchimp” to a capital C. in the first line of code.
- On your MailChimp site, select Lists menu.
- Select the list for your clients to subscribe to.
- On the submenu, select Signup forms.
- Select Embedded forms.
- Copy the code in the Copy/paste onto your site field.
- On the WCMS page you want your MailChimp widget embedded, select the Add/Edit MailChimp button.
- On the MailChimp properties window, paste the code onto the field, and click OK.