Content maintainers can create Publication articles to populate the Publication site. Site managers will need to create a Publication issue before Publication articles can be created by Content maintainers. Publication articles can appear in the following sections of your site:
- The Hero image on the home page
- Featured articles on the home page
- Within one or more Publication category
- Within an article
- In the Archives
Important! In order to display Publication articles on the homepage, content mainatiners must select the Current issue name and the Feature category.
Content type (full view)
Example (full view)
Content type (listing page view)
Example (listing page view)
Note: Publication sites are meant to use listing page images sized 1280 x 815 pixels (optimize the image as best as possible before uploading). The design of these sites relies on good quality images to push and pull and resize them as required.
Create a Publication article
- Create a new Publication article.
- Select My Workbench in the black Administration bar.
- Select the Create/Manage content tab.
- Click Publication article.
- Click Add publication article.
- Enter the Headline.
Enter a Sub-Headline (optional).
Select the Issue (start typing the current issue and then click on the auto-complete to select it).
- Add the Author(s). Multiple authors may be added.
- Add a listing page image. Note: use an image size of 1280 x 815 pixels, and optimize the image as best as possible before uploading.
- Add a Teaser amount of information to display on the listing page.
- Add Content into the body field.
Add Sub Navigation articles (optional).
Add Nested publication article (optional).
Add Audience groups (optional).
Select the Publication category. The Feature category will be automatically selected and is required to display Publication articles on the home page (along with the current issue name). Publication articles with the Feature category will also display under the Feature menu link (option to disable menu link).Category not listed? Contact your Site manager to create a New Category.
Important! Publication issues need automatic path aliases - site maintainers should not try to override them by creating their own path URL.
- Save and Publish.
Rearrange Publication articles
Click on My Workbench.
Select Rearrange publication articles.
- The first five Publication articles will display on the home page.
- The Publication article in position 1 will be displayed as the "Hero image" at the very top of the publication.