This is a list of basic information/components needed to create a Web form. Keep these guiding questions in mind during the web form creation process, in order to help you create an appropriate, clear and complete Web form.
Web form title/heading
- The title will appear at the top of the Web form, the menu link (if you choose to show it) and the URL address.
- This is a required field.
Contact person/form administrator
- This is a required field that needs to be in a form of WatIAM userid.
- Will be shown under the web form introduction in a link text “form administrator”.
- Who can the users contact if they have questions regarding the Web form?
Short Web form introduction
- What is the Web form about?
- When is the deadline for users to complete the Web form?
- Is there any additional information for the users regarding the Web form?
- Who is the targeted audience for the Web form?
Parent menu and menu link
- Where would you like the Web form in the navigation?
- Would there be a menu link to the Web form?
Determine form components
- What questions would you like to ask the users?
- What type of information would you like to collect from the users?
- Are you gathering information that will not violate the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)?
Required form components
- Which will be the required form component that the users need to submit (e.g. email address, last name, faculty or department, etc.)?
- Are there any specific conditionals for the form components? (E.g. if users choose “Students” as their occupation, then “Program/Major” text field will display).
- Would you like to show/hide a specific form component for certain users?
- Would you like to send a confirmation email to the users?
- Would you like someone in your area to receive a notification upon Web form submission?
- What content would you like to include in the notification and confirmation emails?
- Where will users be redirected after they submitted to the Web form: a confirmation page? A custom URL? Or no redirect?
- What would the message be in the confirmation page?
- Would you like users to be able to see the progress bar so they can estimate how long the form is?
- Would you like to enable the preview page for users before they submit the form?
- Would you like users to be able to save the form as a draft (only available for authenticated users)?
- Are there specific groups/roles that can submit to the Web form?
- Who can submit to the Web form?
- Is there a total submission limit?
- Is there a submission limit per user?