Web development tasks require a sound technical knowledge with excellent communication skills and as such can be assigned to more than one staff member. It is recommended for the 'supporting and maintaining' web applications that one staff member be responsible for the hand-over and training of web applications.
- Analysis, design, development and testing of usable, accessible web applications.
- Developing and customising web interface where required for use in web applications.
- Writing technical and end-user documentation for web applications.
- Supporting and maintaining web applications.
- Handing over web applications to client/user (e.g., documentation, installation and testing, integration with other systems, helpdesk services).
Want to develop in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS)?
See our developer documentation.
- External developers (non-WCMS staff) can work on projects that may be integrated into the central build or deployed to specific site(s).
- External developers can request access to the development server or develop internally (link no longer available).
- All externally-developed work is subject to a review by WCMS staff before being deployed. External developers are responsible for maintaining their custom modules and accepting any change requests.
- WCMS deployment is restricted to WCMS staff.
The WCMS development team hosts a regular Web Dev Rev meeting on Fridays at 11:00am to discuss items of interest, answer developer questions, and watch training videos/webcasts. If you are interested in attending these meetings, please let us know.