External developers (non-WCMS staff) can work on projects that may be integrated into the central build or deployed to specific site(s). They can request access to the development server or develop internally.
All externally-developed work is subject to a review by WCMS staff before being deployed. External developers are responsible for maintaining their custom modules and accepting any change requests. Note that WCMS deployment is restricted to WCMS staff.
This documentation is designed both to help new developers contribute as quickly as possible, and as a resource for current developers. We aim to update this documentation frequently.
- Setting up and working with a local development environment
- Standards and best practices
- Module creation
- Creating a custom content type and using Views to create listing pages
- Writing test cases
- Using Drush
- Git and the WCMS
- SVN to Git
- Site-specific .make files
- Basic instructions for creating a patch for a contrib module
- Additional learning resources