Welcome to the Warrior family! We’re excited that your student has chosen the University of Waterloo and we want to work with you to support them on this new adventure.
We understand the important role you’ve played as a parent or supporter in preparing your student to attend university. We also know how important it is for families, the University and students to work together. That's why Waterloo Ready exists to help your student prepare for academic life at Waterloo, but will also include resources and a separate Parent and Supporter Live Chat to address the unique questions that you may have.
What is a Parent and Supporter Live Chat?
The Live Chat will be an online event, like a webinar or video conference call. It will include a panel of University staff and administrators, and an opportunity to have your questions answered. Check back on Tuesday, June 10, 2020 for a date and time. The Live Chat will be in early August, 2020.
What information will be covered?
Our parent and supporter Live Chat will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Learn about the important resources and services available
- Find out how you can support and assist your student in utilizing those services and resources
- Understand your shifting role in your student's experience
- Engage with the supportive University of Waterloo community
What other resources are available for parents and supporters?
There are many ways to learn about your student’s upcoming adventure:
- Explore our online guide for parents and supporters of new students - including an overview of what to expect in your student’s first year at Waterloo, tips on communicating with your new university student, and your toolbox of student resources
- Subscribe to the monthly Parent and Supporter Newsletter