- Sound judgment.
- Psychological fundamentals of wise reasoning.
- Wisdom and adversity.
- Advice-giving and explanations.
- Downstream consequences: prosociality, political depolarization.
- Role of culture and ecology.
Emotion and emotion regulation
- Stress detection and regulation via mobile devices.
- Attention to positive vs. negative information: Cultural differences in prevalence and downstream consequences (e.g., depression).
- Emotional complexity.
- Culture and emotion regulation.
Social ecology and cultural change
- Rise of individualism around the world.
- Impact of social inequality on psychology over time.
- Socio-cultural construction of human aging: stereotypes, roles, and mental health consequences.