Women in Engineering (WiE) supports a mentorship program between first year students and upper year students.
How it works:
- All new students are invited to a WiE Welcome Barbecue during Orientation Week (this is the kick-off for the mentorship program)
- New students are paired with a current upper year student in the same program (we provide an email exchange)
- New students chat with their mentor (over email, phone, Skype, in-person, etc.) at least once per month to check-in, ask questions, or receive guidance
- Everyone is invited to a series of events which will support them in their transition to university (topics include: study skills, preparation for coop, and more)
- Mentors are invited to attend a What's Next conference and other professional skill building workshops