The designer is like the 'hub' of a project, using her technical knowledge to liaise with various groups, including security, networks, infrastructure, capacity planning and performance to accomplish a goal/project. Requires an organized, analytical and technically inclined person who can see the big picture and understand how all the pieces fit together.
Accountable for the infrastructure and application design: planning, evaluation, and implementation of high quality change for all supported systems. Keeps abreast of technology treads and recommends alternative approaches and solutions to initiatives and challenges.
We support critical financial and business applications, including Online Banking, Investionline, and Mosaik MasterCard on various platforms including IBM, SUN/Oracle and Microsoft.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Strong math foundations help to easily grasp new technology and ideas
- Improved research and listening skills, and the ability to understand complex ideas
- Developed strong presentation, communication and networking skills
- Learned how to organize and plan my time effectively. The skills I developed to manage multiple courses, assignments and varying timelines at University of Waterloo translated to effectively being able to manage multiple projects, milestones and timelines in my career
- Built up resume and work experience in professional world through co-op program
- Developed leadership and planning skills through volunteer experience in Math Student Society, including co-running frosh week