Online Dissertation Boot Camp
Stop stalling. Start writing.
The Dissertation Boot Camp program will run online from October 13 - October 16, 2020 (Reading Week). This four-day program combines virtual workshops with individual writing time and individual consultations to help thesis and dissertation writers set goals and make progress in their work.
October 2020 (Online)
Applications for the October 2020 program open on Monday, August 24, 2020 and close on Friday, September 18, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Rules of participation
PhD and master's students are welcomed to apply. Please note that Engineering students writing their dissertation proposals are also invited to apply.
The Dissertation Boot Camp program combines dedicated writing time, goal setting and writing strategy sessions, and one-on-one meetings with our writing specialists.
Dissertation Boot Camp has strict parameters for participation. Before applying, please think ahead to boot camp week and decide whether you can meet the following expectations:
- Come to Boot Camp prepared to write.
- Participate in short, skill-building workshops.
- If you have lab responsibilities, you will need to find lab coverage.
- Follow the guidelines provided by staff and/or the group. For example, we may ask you to shut off your internet access during writing sessions.
- You should set concrete goals for the program. We recommend that you meet with your supervisor to discuss your goals.
- Gather all of the materials you will need to write productively (articles, data, previous drafts with comments, research notes, etc.).