Online Dissertation Boot Camp
Stop stalling. Start writing.
This four-day program combines virtual workshops with individual writing time and individual consultations to help thesis and dissertation writers set goals and make progress in their work. This online program will take place over Microsoft Teams from June 21 - 24, 2021.
In order to fully participate in the program, participants will need the ability to video-conference through Microsoft Teams using a webcam, and a microphone.
What to expect from Dissertation Boot Camp
The online Dissertation Boot Camp program combines dedicated writing time, goal setting and writing strategy sessions, and one-on-one meetings with our writing specialists.
Dissertation Boot Camp has strict parameters for participation; participants are selected through an application process. Before applying, please think ahead to boot camp week and decide whether you can meet the following expectations:
- Devote four full days (9:00am to 4:30pm) to the program. Some components of the program take place asynchronously; there is therefore some flexibility in the schedule to accommodate childcare responsibilities, medical appointments, etc.
- Sign into Teams each day ready to write.
- Participate in short, skill-building workshops.
- If you have lab responsibilities, you will need to find coverage for the week.
- Follow the guidelines provided by staff and/or the group.
- You should set concrete goals for the program. We recommend that you meet with your supervisor to discuss your goals.
- Gather all of the materials you will need to write productively (articles, data, previous drafts with comments, research notes, etc.).
How to apply
Applications for the June 2021 program open on Friday, April 23, 2021 and close on Friday, May 14, 2021 at 5:00 pm.