As a student, a visiting scholar, or the spouse of a UWaterloo student, you are welcome to attend Conversation Circles. There, you will gather in small groups to practice talking, learn about everyday Canadian culture, and connect with others, guided by experienced facilitators. Bring a mug as coffee and tea are provided.
We meet on Tuesday afternoons from 4 to 5 p.m. in SCH 228F. For the Winter 2019 term, Conversation Circles run from January 15 to March 26.
No practice the week of February 18 due to Reading Week.
Be sure to join the English Practice Community on LEARN as the material discussed in Conversation Circles and Conversation Cafés will be posted on LEARN.
- Week 1: Getting to know Waterloo and the University
- Week 2: Hobbies and Sports
- Week 3: Manners and Customs
- Week 4: Dating and Relationships (Valentine's Day)
- Week 5: Heath and Dealing with Medical Emergencies
- Week 6: Things to Do in Ontario
- Week 7: Holidays
- Week 8: Small Talk/Chit Chat
- Week 9: Food-Ordering
- Week 10: Games
Participate in the Winter 2019 English Conversation Circles by filling out the Google Form starting January 7th.
Please contact Chao Yang, Writing and Multimodal Communication Specialist, with any questions or concerns about the English Conversation Circles.