As a student, a visiting scholar, or the spouse of a UWaterloo student, you are welcome to attend English Conversation Circles. Here, you will gather in small groups to practice talking in English, learn about everyday Canadian culture, and connect with others, guided by experienced facilitators. Bring a mug as coffee and tea are provided.
We meet on Tuesday afternoons from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. in SCH 228F.
|Fall 2019||September 24, 2019||December 3, 2019||October 8, 2019|
|Winter 2020||January 21, 2020||March 31, 2020||February 18, 2020|
Topics vary from week to week, and can include:
- Getting to know Waterloo and the University
- Strategies for small talk and chit chat
- Hobbies, games, and sports
- Manners and Canadian customs
- Friendships, dating and relationships
- Heath and dealing with medical emergencies
- Things to do in Ontario
- Holidays and food
- Laws, equity, and multiculturalism
Registration is not required for Conversation Circles.
Please contact Jane Russwurm with any questions or concerns about the English Conversation Circles.