As a student, a visiting scholar, or the spouse of a UWaterloo student, you are welcome to attend Conversation Circles. There, you will gather in small groups to practice talking, learn about everyday Canadian culture, and connect with others, guided by experienced facilitators. Bring a mug as coffee and tea are provided.
We meet on Tuesday afternoons from 4 to 5 p.m. in SCH 228F.
|Spring 2019||May 21, 2019||July 23, 2019||none|
|Fall 2019||September 24, 2019||December 3, 2019||October 8, 2019|
|Winter 2020||January 22, 2020||April 1, 2020||February 18, 2020|
- Week 1: Getting to know Waterloo and the University
- Week 2: Hobbies and Sports
- Week 3: Manners and Customs
- Week 4: Dating and Relationships (Valentine's Day)
- Week 5: Heath and Dealing with Medical Emergencies
- Week 6: Things to Do in Ontario
- Week 7: Holidays
- Week 8: Small Talk/Chit Chat
- Week 9: Food-Ordering
- Week 10: Games
Weekly registration is required for Conversation Circles. Click here and log in to the WORKSHOPS calendar to register.
Please contact Meghan Ashdown, Adminstrative Assistant, with any questions or concerns about the English Conversation Circles.