Job Description – English Language Proficiency Exam (ELPE) Proctors, 2017-2018
Proctors are current graduate students who are hired to supervise the writing of the English Language Proficiency Exam (ELPE).
- Assist with set up and clean-up of the examination room
- Assist with registering the students
- Check student identification
- Monitor students during the writing of tests/exams
- Address any student questions/concerns
- Document anomalies with proctor notes
- Collect examinations and submit them to the Head Proctor
- Maintain confidential information
The ideal candidate is punctual, thorough, detail-oriented, and respectful. He/she is a strong communicator, is able to make decisions and defuse stressful situations, and is able to work independently and collectively.
Rate of pay: $18.00/hr.
Hours include but may not limited to the following dates and general times:
Friday, September 22, 2017: 3:00pm-4:30pm (mandatory)
Friday, September 22, 2017: 4:30pm - 7:30pm
Saturday, September 23, 2017: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Proctor Hiring Procedure
- Submit the application. Indicate any experience with proctoring or working with students. Include your availability for the dates listed.
- Qualified applicants are contacted for an interview.
- Proctors are hired as casual employees