As a faculty member, you're pulled in many directions. Preparing lectures. Grading student work. Supervising graduate students. Research. Service. Meetings. It's tough to find time to write! The Writing and Communication Centre can help you to reach your writing goals.
At the Writing and Communication Centre, we support faculty members as writers, whether they're working on books, journal articles, grant proposals, or any other project. We offer 50-minute consultations that give you a chance to talk to our Faculty Support Specialist about your work at any stage of the writing process. Here are some examples of the ways we can support faculty writers at many stages of the writing process:
- Provide a sounding board as you plan and outline
- Help you experience your draft the way a reader might
- Facilitate goal-setting and offer coaching
- Consult on the structure, organization, or mechanics of your work
Please email Dr. Nadine Fladd if you would like to set up a meeting to discuss your project.
Virtual Writing Café
The Writing and Communication Centre hosts three virtual writing cafés each week through LEARN. Join us and meet your writing goals.
Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fridays: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
How to join the Virtual Writing Café on LEARN
- Log into LEARN
- On the menu bar, click Self Registration
- Sroll down to the bottom of the list and click on Waterloo Writes
- Click on the Register button
Fill out the Registration form and then click Submit