519-888-4567, ext. 48065
Olaf Weber is a Professor at the School of Environment, Enterprise and Development. In addition, he holds the position as the University of Waterloo's Research Chair in Sustainable Finance and is Senior Fellow of CIGI. His research and teaching interests address the connection between financial sector players, such as banks and sustainable development and the link between sustainability and financial performance of enterprises. His research focus is on the impacts of the financial industry on sustainable development, the role of voluntary and regulatory mechanisms for the financial sector to become more sustainable, social banking and impact investing, the materiality of sustainability risks and opportunities for investors and artificial intelligence as a tool to analyze environmental, social, and governance (ESG) performance.
SUSM 602: Theories and Concepts of Sustainability Management
SUSM 701: Theories and Concepts of Sustainability Management
ENBUS 650: Environmental Finance
SUSM 650: Sustainable Finance
ENBUS 409: Special topic course, Sustainable Finance
- Alguindigue Ruiz, P. I., & Weber, O. (2021). The Impact of Financial Sector Sustainability Guidelines and Regulations on the Financial Stability of South American Banks. ACRN Journal of Finance and Risk Perspectives, 10, 111-127.
- ElAlfy, A., Darwish, K. M., & Weber, O. (2020). Corporations and sustainable development goals communication on social media: Corporate social responsibility or just another buzzword? Sustainable Development, 28(5), 1418-1430. doi:10.1002/sd.2095
- ElAlfy, A., Weber, O., & Geobey, S. (2021). The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): a rising tide lifts all boats? Global reporting implications in a post SDGs world. Journal of Applied Accounting Research.
- Rauf, M. A., & Weber, O. (2020). Urban infrastructure finance and its relationship to land markets, land development, and sustainability: a case study of the city of Islamabad, Pakistan. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 5016–5034. doi:10.1007/s10668-020-00802-1
- Saravade, V., & Weber, O. (2020). An Institutional Pressure and Adaptive Capacity Framework for Green Bonds: Insights from India’s Emerging Green Bond Market. World, 1(3), 239-263. Retrieved from https://www.mdpi.com/2673-4060/1/3/18
- Ph.D. - Technical Faculty, University of Bielefeld, Germany
- M.A. - Department of Psychology, University of Mannheim, Germany