519-888-4567, ext. 48065
Olaf Weber is a Professor at the School of Environment, Enterprise and Development. In addition, he holds the position as the University of Waterloos Research Chair in Sustainable Finance and is Senior Fellow of CIGI. His research and teaching interests address the connection between financial sector players, such as banks and sustainable development and the link between sustainability and financial performance of enterprises. His research focus is on the impacts of the financial industry on sustainable development, the role of voluntary and regulatory mechanisms for the financial sector to become more sustainable, social banking and impact investing, the materiality of sustainability risks and opportunities for investors and artificial intelligence as a tool to analyze environmental, social, and governance (ESG) performance.
SUSM 602: Theories and Concepts of Sustainability Management
SUSM 701: Theories and Concepts of Sustainability Management
ENBUS 650: Environmental Finance
SUSM 650: Sustainable Finance
ENBUS 310: Sustainable Finance
- Carè, R., & Weber, O. (2023). How much finance is in climate finance? A bibliometric review, critiques, and future research directions. Research in International Business and Finance, 101886. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ribaf.2023.101886
- Weber, S., Weber, O., Habib, K., & Dias, G. M. (2023). Textile waste in Ontario, Canada: Opportunities for reuse and recycling. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 190, 106835. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2022.106835
- Dordi, T., Gehricke, S. A., Naef, A., & Weber, O. (2022). Ten financial actors can accelerate a transition away from fossil fuels. Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions, 44, 60-78. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eist.2022.05.006
- Ordonez-Ponce, E., Dordi, T., Talbot, D., & Weber, O. (2022). Canadian Banks and their Responses to COVID-19 – Stakeholder-oriented Crisis Management. Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment.
- Rauf, M. A., & Weber, O. (2022). Housing Sustainability: The Effects of Speculation and Property Taxes on House Prices within and beyond the Jurisdiction. Sustainability, 14(12), 7496. Retrieved from https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/14/12/7496
- Saravade, V., Chen, X., Weber, O., & Song, X. (2022). Impact of regulatory policies on green bond issuances in China: policy lessons from a top-down approach. Climate Policy, 1-12. doi:10.1080/14693062.2022.2064803
- Ph.D. - Technical Faculty, University of Bielefeld, Germany
- M.A. - Department of Psychology, University of Mannheim, Germany