|British Women's Periodicals Collection||The British Women's Periodicals Collection is made up of some 35,000 issues of British women's magazines published from 1893 to 1977. Because these magazines were aimed at a mass market audience, the British Women's Periodicals Collection offers a unique opportunity to examine the interests and concerns of British women during the time period covered. Most titles in the collection are very rare.|
Alida Burrett was a Dutch-born Canadian women's rights and environmental activist. George Burrett is an environmental and peace activist, particularly interested in nuclear disarmament. Fonds contains materials relating to Alida's interests in women's rights and the environment, the couple's shared interest in nuclear disarmament, and George's work with the Waterloo Region Peace Network. Includes clippings, ephemera, financial records, meeting minutes, correspondence, etc.
|Cookery Book||Holograph recipe book, one entry dated May 17, 1867. Includes some home remedies.|
|Dippell, Marilyn fonds||Material relating to the administration and operation of the K-W YWCA, its programs, and its services, consisting of the files kept by Marilyn Dippell through her term as President. Includes correspondence, ephemera, memoranda, minutes of meetings, ms. notes and document drafts, etc.|
|Dixon, Ross fonds||Material accumulated and kept by Ross Dixon relating to his entrepreneurial interests, career, and personal life, and to the philanthropic activities of Ross and Doris Dixon. A significant portion of the fonds relates to the businesses he formed outside of his professional career, the Westmount Construction Company and Westmont Enterprises Limited, for the period from the late 1940s to the early 1970s.|
|Hilborn, Percy R. and Gertrude Wells fonds||Mostly files relating to some of Percy R. Hilborn's areas of service to the community, including Freeport Sanitarium, Preston War Service Association and Waterloo College and Associate Faculties fundraising. Several Havergal College notebooks belonging to Gertrude R. Wells, who became P.R. Hilborn's wife, are also present.|
|Kaufman, William H. fonds||William H. Kaufman (1920-2005) was a third generation businessman, philanthropist and community volunteer in Kitchener, Ontario. He was a member of the Kitchener-Waterloo Hospital Commission and Chairman on the Waterloo Region District Health Council, and he served as both a board member and president of the YMCA. The fonds consists primarily of his volunteer and charitable activities in Kitchener.|
|Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation fonds||The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation was established in 1984 by a group of citizens in Kitchener and Waterloo, Ontario, led by Walter Bean. Donations to the Foundation are invested, with the income from the funds distributed in the form of grants to community organizations serving a wide range of needs, including cultural, educational, health and community services. Fonds consists of material relating to the history and operation of the Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation from its founding in 1984.|
|Kitchener-Waterloo Council of Friendship||The Kitchener-Waterloo Council of Friendship was formed as a separate group in 1943. Its beginnings were in the International Club of the Kitchener-Waterloo YWCA headed by Mrs. W. P. Clement. Its membership was made up of new and native Canadians, other national groups, community groups, service clubs, and women's organizations. Fonds consists of Mrs. Minnie Maines' notebook as a member of the Executive and related materials collected by Mrs. Maines.|
|Kitchener-Waterloo Young Men's Christian Association fonds||
The Berlin Young Men's Christian Association was founded in Berlin (now Kitchener), Ont. in 1895. The earliest records consist of the hand-written Minutes of the first Board of Directors (1895-1906) and the original Treasurer's book documenting the Association's early financial transactions. Records documenting the Kitchener-Waterloo Young Men's Association date from 1919 to the present, with many gaps. Also present are records relating to the K-W Y's Men's Club, Delta Phalanx, the Spokes Club, and Pan Politae. Included in the fonds are photographs, slides, ephemera, scrapbooks, and realia.
|Murray, Kenneth G. fonds||Kenneth G. Murray is a philanthropist living in the Waterloo-Wellington area of Ontario. From 1950 to 1987 he worked for J.M. Schneider in Kitchener, Ont., starting as a salesman and becoming president. He has been a director on the boards of several corporations, and has actively supported many community organizations and initiatives as well as educational facilities and opportunities in Kitchener-Waterloo and Guelph. Ken Murray has received many honours and awards in the course of his lifetime, including the Order of Canada in 2000, and The Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee medal in 2002. Fonds consists of texts of speeches given by Ken Murray from 1967 to 2004.|
|Roe, Mary fonds||Mary Roe was a volunteer in the Waterloo Region of Ontario with several not-for-profit organizations.|
|Rotary Club of Kitchener fonds||The Rotary Club of Kitchener was begun in September 1922 as the Rotary Club of Kitchener and Waterloo. The main project of the Rotary Club of Kitchener is the KidsAbility Centre, a Childrens Treatment Centre that serves children with a range of special needs. The fonds consists of materials created and accumulated by the Rotary Club of Kitchener. Includes materials related to the operations of the club, projects, events, and the history and values of Rotary. Materials include ephemera, minutes, photographs, architectural plans, and artifacts. Also includes two items from the Rotary Club of Kitchener-Conestoga.|
|Schreiter, Margaret fonds||Margaret Schreiter was "Camp Mother" at Camp Tinawatawa on Paradise Lake near Waterloo, Ontario between 1952 and 1959. The materials contained in this fonds include reports, the texts of presentations given by Margaret Schreiter, the outline of a discussion at a camp counselors meeting led by Margaret Schreiter, correspondence, an ms. list, and a camp newspaper. These items help document Y.W.C.A. camping activities at the time.|
|Stamp, Lloyd fonds||Pan Politae began in 1937 with the purpose of working with the K-W YMCA in organizing boys' groups, helping with repairs at camps run by the YMCA and providing fellowship for their group. The fonds consists of 4 albums compiled by Lloyd Stamp containing photographs, ephemera and text relative to the history of the Pan Politae Club, and about its members 1938-1995. The albums also contain portraits, biographical information and ephemera relating to the history of the K-W YMCA.|
|United Way of Kitchener-Waterloo and Area fonds||The Kitchener-Waterloo Federated Charities was formed in 1941 by community and business leaders to raise money for war work done by local agencies. The records of the United Way of Kitchener-Waterloo and Area document its activities and operations from 1941-1994. These include correspondence, minutes and reports, financial records, publications, ephemera, scrapbooks, audiovisual material, artifacts, and other material created or received in the course of business. The fonds includes material relating to the organization, management and results of yearly campaigns, as well as material relating to the allocation of funds to member agencies. Information about member agencies is present as well and includes their financial reports and ephemera.|
|Young Women's Christian Association of Kitchener-Waterloo fonds||
Covering the history of the local YWCA from its foundation in 1905, the 30 linear feet of papers include committee reports, financial documents, information on Y programmes and camps, correspondence and publicity materials. Also included are numerous photographs of the various activities, events, and people which make up the Y's rich heritage.