The Archives Database Clipboard feature allows you to compile a list of records of interest that you can save and refer back to at a later date. The function can be used by clicking on the paperclip icon that appears to the right of search results and on the pages of whatever record you are viewing.
- As you read through individual archival descriptive records, you can add records to the Clipboard for future review. Click the Add link next to the paperclip symbol in the Clipboard section.
- You can also add records directly from your search results by clicking on the paperclip icon.
- Once you are done adding records, review the contents of the Clipboard by selecting Go to clipboard in the Clipboard drop-down menu. Note that you may save the clipboard now and return to add more records at a later date.
- Save the Clipboard by clicking Save at the bottom of the page.
- Copy the Clipboard ID and save it someplace secure. This step is important as you can't access your list without the ID.
- To open a saved Clipboard list, select Load clipboard from the Clipboard drop-down menu. Enter the Clipboard ID in the Clipboard ID field and select Replace existing clipboard results with saved clipboard in the Action menu field. Once complete, click Load.
- To add items to a saved clipboard, first add the new items to a new clipboard as in Step 1. When you have finished adding all the items you want to add to your saved clipboard, select Load clipboard from the Clipboard drop-down menu, enter your saved Clipboard ID, and in the Action menu select Merge saved clipboard with existing clipboard results. Click Load.