University of Waterloo information on COVID-19
- January 19: Confirming dates and approach for spring 2021 term
- We are confirming continuation of primarily online learning and instruction with some courses, activities and supports available in person
- Spring term will start one week later, on May 10
- Check the academic information section of this website regularly for the latest information
- January 13: Do your part – stay home and stay safe
- The Government of Ontario has issued a stay-at-home order. If you have to come to campus, only do what is needed and get home as soon as possible.
- Employees: if you can do your work from home, you must.
- We encourage you to keep a mask on at all times in public places. Refer to our updated face covering requirements.
- Learn more about what the stay-at-home order means for undergraduate students, graduate students and employees.
The University of Waterloo continues to implement plans and protocols to safely restart campus activities, following public health advice and best practices.
- Funding and fee information
- Waterloo Residence information
- Food Services information
- Library information
- Go to the undergraduate students' buildings and services page for information on other services
- All international students must fill in the Iinternational Student Travel Plans and Quarantine Form
- Read about health and safety guidance during COVID-19
- Laboratory research ramp up information
- Return to campus training
- Order physical distancing signs for your area
- Learn about how to access buildings and services for employees
Canada's COVID Alert App
- The Government of Canada launched a national, voluntary app that will notify users if they may have been exposed to COVID-19. The app is available for free to Canadians and can be downloaded through the App or Google Play stores.
- The COVID Alert app incorporates exposure notification technology provided by Apple and Google and does not collect personally identifiable information.
- The more people using the COVID Alert app, the more effective this tool will be in helping limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Learn more.
If you have questions about Waterloo's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.