University of Waterloo information on COVID-19
- April 27: Updating or submitting your proof of vaccination
- The University will not require proof of vaccination in order to come to campus from May 1, onwards.
- The evolution of the virus and the course of disease activity are difficult to predict. it may be necessary to bring back the proof of vaccination requirement at short notice.
- If a proof of vaccination requirement is reinstated at a future date, all employees and students would have to have a valid proof of vaccination on file in order to be permitted to come to campus.
- Submit your proof
- Read the full memo
Do your part
- Get a booster dose as soon as possible, and make sure eligible children are vaccinated as soon as possible. Many more appointments are available now than previously.
- If you need to book a booster dose you can do so with Health Services and there are many online resources to help you find available shots, such as the Region of Waterloo, Vaccine Ontario or Vaccine Hunters.
If you are an international student and you have questions about vaccinations, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wear a mask that fits well, has multiple layers, and has an effective filter layer. Wherever you go, please always follow the Public Health Agency of Canada’s (PHAC) recommendations on masks.
- Limit your contact with other people and stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. You can take this self-assessment if you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms.
Help is available
Students: We understand that many of our students have family members in areas affected by COVID-19. If you feel overwhelmed or anxious and need to talk to somebody, please contact the University’s Campus Wellness services, either Health or Counselling Services.
Employees: Our Employee and Family Assistance Program is available 24/7 for counselling, coaching and support. Call 1-800-663-1142 or visit Homeweb.ca.
If you are in crisis, feeling unsafe, or worried you might hurt yourself or others:
- call 911 if you are experiencing a life-threatening issue
- Counselling Services – 519-888-4567 ext. 42655.
- Grand River Hospital – 519-749-4300
- St. Mary's Hospital – 519-744-3311
- Empower Me, Mental Health Resources – 1-833-628-5589
- Counseling available via phone, video, and in person
- Available 24/7, 365 days in 22 countries worldwide
- Non-emergency Waterloo Regional Police Services – 519-653-770
If you have questions about Waterloo's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please email email@example.com.
- Apr. 26, 2022
Update for the UWaterloo community
As you may be aware, though we recently extended our proof of vaccination requirement until the end of the Winter term, the University will not require proof of vaccination in order to come to campus from May 1, onwards.
However, as has been the case throughout the pandemic, the evolution of the virus and the course of disease activity are difficult to predict. The University has made it clear that it may be necessary to bring back the proof of vaccination requirement at short notice. If a proof of vaccination requirement is reinstated at a future date, all employees and students would have to have a valid proof of vaccination on file in order to be permitted to come to campus.