University of Waterloo information on COVID-19
- November 22: Employee return to campus for winter term
- We are planning a return to pre-pandemic levels of in-person instruction. This means that from January 4, 2022, learning at Waterloo will happen primarily in-person.
- We will continue our ongoing and safe return to in-person operations.
- Read the full memo
- November 19: Resuming University-sanctioned international travel
- If you are fully vaccinated and you can meet certain travel safety requirements, you may resume international travel for University of Waterloo related business, research, work terms, study, and co-curricular activities.
- These requirements include obtaining approval, registering travel, and completing pre-departure and travel risk mitigation activities.
- Read the full memo
The University of Waterloo continues to implement plans and protocols to safely restart campus activities, following public health advice and best practices.
- Undergraduate student information
- Campus Housing information
- Food Services information
- Library information
- All international students must fill in the International Student Travel Plans and Quarantine Form
- Read about health and safety guidance during COVID-19
- Laboratory research ramp up information
- Return to campus training
- Order physical distancing signs for your area
- Learn about how to access buildings and services for employees
Canada's COVID Alert App
- The Government of Canada launched a national, voluntary app that will notify users if they may have been exposed to COVID-19. The app is available for free to Canadians and can be downloaded through the App or Google Play stores.
- The COVID Alert app incorporates exposure notification technology provided by Apple and Google and does not collect personally identifiable information.
- The more people using the COVID Alert app, the more effective this tool will be in helping limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Learn more.
If you have questions about Waterloo's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please email email@example.com.