As of July 1, 2014, a new provincial regulation requires health and safety awareness training for every worker and supervisor under Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). The intention of this online training module is to provide health and safety awareness training to Supervisors and Managers employed at the University of Waterloo.
Who should take this course?
All managers and supervisors employed at the University of Waterloo.
- Gain an understanding of who is classified as a supervisor and what their role in health and safety at the University is.
- Review University of Waterloo's Internal Responsibility System (IRS).
- Learn about supervisor responsibilities as outlined in the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
|Online||Supervisor Safety Orientation (SO1100)||60 minutes|
How do I register?
Follow these directions to self-register:
- Go to the LEARN home page.
- Login using your University of Waterloo nexus username and password (same as MyHRInfo).
- Click the "Self Registration" link at top of page.
- Select the course name from the list.
If you receive a "not authorized" error, contact LEARN support to have your User ID added to LEARN