This classroom training session educates attendees in emergency level first aid and CPR. Certificates are normally valid for 3 years from the date issued.
Who should take this course?
This training is open to all main campus University of Waterloo employees.
Courses are supported from a University wide fund for no more than 10% of Faculty/Staff in a department. Costs for additional persons to be trained in first aid and specially arranged courses are the responsibility of that department.
Learn how to treat common injuries and health conditions.
- Preparing to respond
- EMS system
- Check, call, care procedure
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
|Classroom||Emergency First Aid (SO1038)||8 hours||Scheduled Sessions|
|Scheduling note: Emergency First Aid is offered four times each year (November, December, May and June). November and December dates will be posted by October 16th, and May and June dates will be posted by April 16th.|
How do I register?
Register for classroom courses through Workday.
Follow these steps to register:
- Log in to Workday using your WatIAM.
- Select the Learning category.
- Locate the Browse option on the right-hand side.
- Search for and select the training session from the list.
- Choose Enroll and then Submit on the following screen.
Notes - Courses without a minimum number of 6 students enrolled may be cancelled the day before it is scheduled to occur. If you are registered for a cancelled course, you will receive an email notification.
Contact the Safety Office for additional support.