This classroom training session outlines the requirements for portable fire extinguishers under the Ontario Fire Code and discusses the placement of fire extinguishers in workplaces based on the risk of fire.
Who should take this course?
Fire Wardens, employees working in labs and additional staff as required by their job functions (i.e. Housing & Residences, Food Services, Plant Operations, etc.).
- Discuss the different types of fires, fire extinguishers and when to use each extinguisher.
- Learn the actions to take based on the type of fire.
- Learn how to operate fire extinguishers.
|Classroom||Fire Extinguisher Training (SO1088)||3 hours||Scheduled Sessions|
How do I register?
Register for classroom courses through Workday.
Follow these steps to register:
- Log in to Workday using your WatIAM.
- Select the Learning category.
- Locate the Browse option on the right-hand side.
- Search for and select the training session from the list.
- Choose Enroll and then Submit on the following screen.
Notes - Courses without a minimum number of 6 students enrolled may be cancelled the day before it is scheduled to occur. If you are registered for a cancelled course, you will receive an email notification.
Contact the Safety Office for additional support.