This training module outlines how to assess the level of heat stress an individual may experience when working outdoors and provides recommendations on types of controls that can be used to minimize this impact.
Who should take this course?
All workers exposed to environmental heat stress.
After completing this training module, you will:
- Be able to define what heat stress is and how it is assessed.
- Understand the risk factors that contribute to heat stress.
- Be able to identify the signs and symptoms of heat stress in yourself and others.
- Understand how to identify and implement the controls available to prevent heat stress.
- Know the requirements of your role under the University of Waterloo's Heat Stress Program.
|Online||Heat Stress Awareness (SO2031)||30 minutes|
How do I register?
Follow these directions to self-register:
- Go to LEARN
- Login using your University of Waterloo WatIAM username and password
- Click the "Self Registration" link at top of page
- Select the course name from the list
- The training module will then appear in your list of courses