The Asbestos Management Program outlines the procedures and controls in place at the University of Waterloo to ensure safe working conditions when working with or near asbestos.
See the Asbestos Management Program for more information.
|Who should take this training?
|Asbestos Awareness Training
|Asbestos Awareness Training is available online in LEARN for both occupants and workers.
|Asbestos Full Day Training
|Type 1 and 2 asbestos operations worker training is conducted by an approved training provider. This training is provided to the workers in Plant Operations and IST. Contact the Safety Office to inquire about asbestos worker training.
|Asbestos Specialized Training
|UW Abatement Worker
|Type 1 and certain Type 2 asbestos operations performed on campus requires specialized training for that particular operation performed by a 3rd party.
|Asbestos Risk Assessment and Control
|Safety Office conducts training in asbestos risk assessment and control for supervisors/managers.
Additional resources and information
- UW's Asbestos Fact Sheet
- Ontario regulation 278/05 - Designated substance - Asbestos on construction projects and in buildings and repair operations made under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ontario Ministry of Labour - A guide to the regulation respecting asbestos on construction projects and in buildings and repair operations
- Environmental Protection Act, Section 17 (Management of Asbestos Waste)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act - Asbestos work report
- Asbestos and your health - Health Canada