The Radiation Safety Program establishes a set of requirements for those working with radioactive materials and devices at the University of Waterloo.
See the Radiation Safety Program for more information.
Permits are required prior to completing any radioactive work on campus. To request a permit, after reviewing the Radiation Safety Program complete the Application for Permit Form and email to email@example.com to start the permitting process.
Those working with radiation at the University must complete the following:
- Working With Radiation (SO2030)
- An online training module that outlines the basic principles of working safely with radioactive materials and devices.
- Basic practical radiation safety training (provided by the Safety Office)
- Contact the Safety Office to book your one-on-one training session after completing Working With Radiation (SO2030).
- Laboratory specific practical radiation safety training (provided by the principal investigator)
- See the Radiation Safety Program for details on laboratory specific training.
- Document training using the Site Specific Training Form.