This online training module teaches students and employees about the hazards associated with these sources and discusses the legislative guidelines controlling them.
Who should take this course?
All University employees and students using x-ray sources
By the end of this training, participants should be able to:
- Understand the basics of radiation physics specific to x-rays
- Identify the hazards of x-rays and appropriate controls
- Adhere to the University's X-ray Program and applicable legislation
Follow these directions to self-register:
- Go to LEARN
- Log in using your University of Waterloo WatIAM username and password
- Click the "Self Registration" link at top of the page
- Click the course name from the list and choose "Register"
- Click on the WATERLOO LEARN logo in the top left to return to your LEARN homepage
- Go to the "Courses and Communities" section and click on the course to begin