To inform employees of their rights and responsibilities as University of Waterloo employees.
Who should take this course?
All University of Waterloo employees.
- Learn the roles of the Ministry of Labour and WSIB.
- Understand the roles of the Joint Health and Safety Committees.
- Learn the duties and rights of workers, employers and supervisors.
- Learn about common workplace hazards.
- Gain an understanding of WHMIS requirements.
- Understand occupational illness and latency.
|Classroom/Online||Course ID||Approximate Duration|
SO1001 - Employee Safety Orientation
How do I register?
Follow these directions to self-register:
- Go to the LEARN home page.
- Login using your University of Waterloo nexus username and password (same as MyHRInfo).
- Click the "Self Registration" link at top of page.
- Select the course name from the list.
Notes: In order to self-register, your UWaterloo email account must be activated (if it is not activated visit your faculty or departmental computing support for assistance).
If the login fails, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.