In order to operate a powered forklift on campus, University staff must first complete this Forklift Theory Training session and then schedule and complete a practical assessment (practical assessment booking instructions included below).
Who should take this course?
Operators of propane or electrically powered forklifts, tow motors, ride alongs, etc.
- Review applicable sections of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Learn concepts such as the stability triangle, load limits, specialized attachments and operator awareness.
- Discuss the lift truck principles of operation.
- Understand how to avoid dangerous situations related to operating a forklift.
|Classroom||Forklift Training Theory (SO1027)||4 hours||Scheduled Sessions|
Register for classroom courses through Workday.
Follow these steps to register:
- Log in to Workday using your WatIAM.
- Select the Learning category.
- Locate the Browse option on the right-hand side.
- Search for and select the training session from the list.
- Choose Enroll and then Submit on the following screen.
Performed by request and may only be arranged after having taken the fork lift theory class. To arrange a practical assessment contact one of the following:
Rob McMurren ext. 39162 (Central Stores)
Wes Stewart ext. 32034 (Central Stores)
Doug Dye ext. 35613 (Safety Office)
Notes - Courses without a minimum number of 6 students enrolled may be cancelled the day before it is scheduled to occur. If you are registered for a cancelled course, you will receive an email notification.
Contact the Safety Office for additional support.