This classroom training session educates attendees in standard level first aid and CPR-A. Certificates are normally valid for 3 years from the date issued.
Who should take this course?
Employees working at satellite campuses (Kitchener, Cambridge, or Stratford) and employees supervising undergraduate student field work deemed to be higher risk.
Courses are supported from a University wide fund for no more than 10% of Faculty/Staff in a department. Costs for additional persons to be trained in first aid and specially arranged courses are the responsibility of that department.
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- The EMS system
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preparing to respond
|Classroom||First Aid - Standard (SO1039)||16 hours (2 days)||Scheduled Sessions|
How do I register?
Register for classroom courses through Workday.
Follow these steps to register:
- Log in to Workday using your WatIAM.
- Using the Search bar at the top of the page, search for the course number and/or name.
- The course should appear in the Learning category.
- If you do not see the course when you search:
- The Learning category is found in the list of categories on the left-hand side of the screen. If you do not have it in your Saved Categories, click on the More Categories option to access it.
Notes - Courses without a minimum number of 6 students enrolled may be cancelled the day before it is scheduled to occur. If you are registered for a cancelled course, you will receive an email notification.
Contact the Safety Office for additional support.