This classroom training session educates attendees in standard level first aid and CPR-A. Certificates are normally valid for 3 years from the date issued.
Who should take this course?
Employees working at satellite campuses (Kitchener, Cambridge, or Stratford) and employees supervising undergraduate student field work deemed to be higher risk.
Courses are supported from a University wide fund for no more than 10% of Faculty/Staff in a department. Costs for additional persons to be trained in first aid and specially arranged courses are the responsibility of that department.
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- The EMS system
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preparing to respond
|Classroom||First Aid - Standard (SO1039)||16 hours (2 days)||Scheduled Sessions|
How do I register?
Register for classroom courses through Workday.
Follow these steps to register:
- Log in to Workday using your WatIAM.
- Select the Learning category.
- Locate the Browse option on the right-hand side.
- Search for and select the training session from the list.
- Choose Enroll and then Submit on the following screen.
Notes - Courses without a minimum number of 6 students enrolled may be cancelled the day before it is scheduled to occur. If you are registered for a cancelled course, you will receive an email notification.
Contact the Safety Office for additional support.