The Ergonomics Program aims to minimize the risk of musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) type injuries by identifying solutions for work-related pains and discomfort through evaluation of work processes, the work environment, and the people doing the work.
See the Ergonomics Program for more information.
Training and Assessments
An online office ergonomics training module is available on LEARN and should be taken before requesting an office ergonomic assessment. This is an evidence-based and standard-compliant training program designed for workers who regularly use computers on the job.
Ergonomics training is available through the Safety Office by request.
Additional resources and information
- General ergonomic guidelines
- Office ergonomics
- Laboratory ergonomics
- Preventing visual discomfort
- MSD Prevention Guideline for Ontario
- Manual lifting/material handling (PDF)
- Stretches and exercises
- Office equipment catalogue
- Ergonomic hazards
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety (CCOHS) – Office Ergonomics