To educate employees on asbestos so they can work safely and avoid asbestos exposures.
Who should take this course?
All University of Waterloo employees.
After completing this training module, you will be able to:
- Describe what asbestos is and its different forms.
- Explain the properties, history, and uses of asbestos-containing materials.
- Define and provide examples of friable and non-friable asbestos.
- Describe the health hazards caused by asbestos exposure.
- Apply the knowledge acquired in this course to avoid asbestos exposure.
- Identify which buildings on campus contain asbestos.
|Online||Asbestos Awareness Online (SO1062)||30 minutes|
How do I register?
Follow these directions to self-register:
- Go to the LEARN home page.
- Login using your University of Waterloo nexus username and password (same as MyHRInfo).
- Click the "Self Registration" link at top of page.
- Select the course name from the list.
If you receive a "not authorized" error, contact LEARN support to have your User ID added to LEARN.