To outline the requirements for operating lasers at the University of Waterloo and to educate workers and students on how to identify and control hazards associated with laser use.
Who should take this course?
- All individuals working with or in a lab with Class 3B or Class 4 lasers.
- All supervisors managing a space that uses Class 3B or Class 4 lasers.
- Review hazards associated with laser use and how to control them.
- Understand the personal protective equipment (PPE) required when working with lasers.
|Online||Laser Safety (SO1066)||2 hours|
How do I register?
Follow these directions to self-register:
- Go to the LEARN home page.
- Login using your University of Waterloo nexus username and password (same as MyHRInfo).
- Click the "Self Registration" link at top of page.
- Select the course name from the list.
If you receive a "not authorized" error, contact LEARN support to have your User ID added to LEARN.