On campus services for employees from Occupational Health
- Support employees with any health-related needs that may be affecting their ability to safely and successfully perform their jobs
- Promote overall wellness with health promotion and educational programs
- Monitor and support employees on sick leave
- Maintain confidential medical records
- Facilitate timely and safe return to work interventions for employees returning to work
- Workplace Medical Accommodations
- Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of related policies
- Work closely with Safety Office and member of JHSC
- Promote Physical and Psychological Health and Safety in the workplace
- Referrals to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Educate managers and employees about & ensure compliance with relevant legislation (ie. Occupational Health and Safety Act, AODA, Human Rights Code, PHIPPA, etc.)
First aid treatment from Health Services
During clinic hours Health Services is available as a First Aid Treatment Centre for employees and visitors. A clinic nurse will assess employees and visitors who are injured or have an urgent illness while at work. The nurse will arrange treatment and evaluation by a physician, if necessary. Unfortunately, we are unable to act as the family physician for employees.
Health Services' clinic nurses are pleased to assist with:
- Routine allergy shots (with permission of the employee's Physician)
- Flu shots and other routine immunizations (booked in advance)
- Blood pressure monitoring
- The Wart Clinic at Health Service is open to all employees. Contact Health Services to book an appointment.
All personal health information provided by employees is held in strict confidence as per the Person Health Information Privacy Act (PHIPA).