The following resources were created by Prof. Kelly Grindrod and collaborators as part of ongoing public health research and educational initiatives, including Pharmacy5in5, an online learning tool for pharmacists, technicians and students.
Permission requests for reproduction, adaptation, translation or other uses of any of these resources in electronic or print media, educational materials etc. should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are COVID-19 treatments right for you? (PDF)
- Community-based patients who may benefit from COVID-19 treatment (PDF)
- FAQ treatment options for mild COVID-19 (PDF)
- Paxlovid - What pharmacists and prescribers need to know (PDF)
- Fluvoxamine - What prescribers and pharmacists need to know (PDF)
- Protect yourself against COVID-19 (PDF)
- Paxlovid for a patient on a DOAC (PDF)
General mRNA vaccine infographics
- How mRNA vaccines work (PDF)
- How mRNA vaccines work French version (PDF)
- Myocarditis and Pericarditis after Covid-19 Vaccines (PDF)
- COVID-19 vaccine additional doses and boosters (PDF)
- COVID-19 boosters FAQ (PDF)
mRNA COVID-19 vaccine FAQs in multiple languages
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccines: FAQs English version (PDF)
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccines: FAQs Russian version (PDF)
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccines: FAQs Spanish version (PDF)
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccines: FAQs Mandarin version (PDF)
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccines: FAQs Farsi version (PDF)
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccines: FAQs French version (PDF)
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccines: FAQs Arabic version (PDF)
COVID-19 in children
mRNA vaccines in children FAQ
- FAQ COVID-19 vaccines for children (PDF)
- Why NOW is the right time to vaccinate children against COVID-19 (PDF)
- The benefits of vaccinating children against COVID-19 (PDF)
Kids activity sheets
- Colouring page - Defend (PDF)
- Colouring page - Superkid (PDF)
- Colouring page - Grandma (PDF)
- Colouring page - Bubbles (PDF)
- Colouring page - Hockey (PDF)
- Colouring page - School (PDF)
- Colouring page - Vaccine Mandala (PDF)
- Vaccine maze (PDF)
- Vaccine word search (PDF)
- Vaccine crossword (PDF)
The following video was created by Kimiko Shibata. Content based on Covid-19 mRNA Vaccines for Children produced by Focused Covid Communication. Used with permission of University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy.
This video includes all FAQs from the FAQ COVID-19 vaccines for children (PDF). Below are links to to individual questions broken into short videos:
- What vaccine will children be able to get?
- Do mRNA COVID-19 vaccines work for children aged 5 to 11 years?
- Is mRNA technology safe?
- What are the common side effects of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in children?
- What is in the Pfizer BioNtech COVID-19 vaccine?
- How can I support a child who has a disability or specific needs?
- Why do I need to protect my child from COVID-19?
- What are the long-term side effects of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in children?
- COVID-19 vaccine medical exemptions (PDF)
- COVID-19 and fertility (PDF)
- COVID antibody tests for health-care providers (PDF)
- Is it okay to mix Moderna and Pfizer (PDF)
- Building trust in the COVID-19 vaccines within the Black community (PDF)
- Are you fully vaccinated? (PDF)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Decision Making Tool (PDF)
- 5 things that have changed because of the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF)
- SIRVA infographic (PDF)
- I got AstraZeneca for my first dose, what should I do for my second vaccine? (1-pager) (PDF)
- I got AstraZeneca for my first dose, what should I do for my second vaccine? (1-pager) French version (PDF)
- I got AstraZeneca for my first dose. Which vaccine should I get for my second (6 Pager) (PDF)
- I got AstraZeneca for my first dose. Which vaccine should I get for my second (FAQ) (PDF)
Media releases featuring Waterloo Pharmacy faculty
What to know about your first vaccination (May 2021)
- AstraZeneca and viral vector vaccines (Feb 2021)
- Busting common myths about mRNA vaccines (Jan 2021)
Resources for Canadian pharmacists during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Canada's vaccine rollout plan (government website)
- Centre for Effective Practice COVID vaccine information (updated regularly)
- Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine monograph (Health Canada)
- NEJM Pivotal study on the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (Dec 2020)
- Centre for Effective Practice Resources on the mRNA vaccine (updated regularly)
- COVID-19 vaccination and pregnancy (from Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology Canada, updated regularly)
- Report from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (government report, Jan 2021)
- Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists webinars and COVID-19 information page
To learn more about the resources on this webpage, check out this article on the project. This work has been supported in part by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
A note on translation:
We’d like to acknowledge the following individuals and organizations for their assistance with translation of COVID-19 materials: Kyla Agtarap, Wasem Alsabbagh, Arthi Bala, Joey Champigny, Feng Chang, Carole Coulombe, Rand Hussein, Cherry Liu, Kia Moazzami, the KW Multicultural Centre, Ibrahim Omar, Ivana Peralta, and William W.L. Wong.